Orijin

Thursday 15 January 2015

Genoveva Anonma was forced to strip naked because she was strong as men on the pitch


The Equatorial Guinea player exuded strength that she overwhelmed many who thought it was abnormal for a woman to be that strong
The name Genoveva Anonma, 27 will still remain fresh in the memories of many African women footballers, especially the Super Falcons of Nigeria when she led her host country, Equatorial Guinea to the 2008 African Women Championship triumph.
Unfortunately, Anouma's being too strong for a woman led to her been subjected to inhumane treatment where she was asked to strip by some football authorities to prove that she is a woman.
Speaking through a translator on BBC, She said: “I don’t know how they usually do it, but they kept accusing me. Because I’m quite energetic and very strong they say it was impossible that I could be a woman. I don’t know what I did to make them think I’m a man. They didn’t do any hospital tests. I was hoping they would call me to tell me they were taking me to a hospital to do tests – but they never did.
I’ve never had a single apology”
All the 2012 African Woman Footballer of the Year asks is not to be paid but be apologized to for the treatment meted out to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment