Orijin

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell is the definition of class after Miss Universe loss: "it went exactly how it should"

Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell may not have obtained the title of Miss Universe.
But she certainly won over the hearts of millions during the annual beauty pageant Sunday night in Miami.
As soon as the judges awarded the 22-year-old fifth place in the competition, the Twittersphere immediately expressed their shock and disappointment at the results. So what does Fennell think of all the attention? Let's just say she is a bit surprised.
"Well it was totally unexpected. I was so proud that I made the Top 5," she shared with E! News while traveling back home to her country. "It was such an amazing feeling."
"I believe it went exactly how it should," she added. "I'm so happy I had this opportunity. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity." 
While some theories have circulated as to why Fennell lost out on the top prize—everything from her Jamaican heritage to her short hair has been mentioned—this Caribbean beauty has no regrets and is proud of what she has done both on and off the Miss Universe stage.
"If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing," she confessed. "It's only up from here…but I'm still focused on my studies. I do want to be a teacher, that's my passion! I love kids! I also want to be a chef."
Until then, Fennell (who has a long-term boyfriend) hopes to inspire young girls to feel confident and comfortable in their own skin. Plus, you can count on the college student to work that signature hair in the months to come.
"I'm a daddy's girl," she explained to E! News when asked why she likes shorter hairstyles. "When I was three, I went into the bathroom and cut my hair to look like him…My mom couldn't believe what I just did."
She added, "I went from long bobs to short bobs and just kept gradually cutting it shorter."
Congratulations Miss Jamaica and we hope to see you visiting E! News very soon! 
(E! and NBC are part of the NBCUniversal family) 


News Credit E!News

No comments:

Post a Comment