Orijin

Friday 17 April 2015

ESPN reporter suspended for foul-mouthed rant

ESPN reporter Britt McHenry has been suspended for one week after footage emerged of her in an abusive rant against a towing company employee.
"I'm in the news, sweetheart. I will f****** sue this place," McHenry says in the security camera video.
She taunts the worker over her appearance, education and job.
"So I can be a college dropout and do the same thing?" the 28-year-old sports reporter asks sarcastically.
She adds: "Maybe if I was missing some teeth they would hire me, huh?"
The employee tells her the interaction is being filmed, but McHenry is undeterred.
"I'm in television and you're in a f****** trailer, honey," she says.
McHenry walks away with the parting shot: "Lose some weight, baby girl."
Following the sports network's disciplinary action against her, the Washington, DC-based reporter took to Twitter to say she was "so sorry".
"In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things," she said. 
"As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road."












No comments:

Post a Comment