Orijin

Friday 4 July 2014

Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria

After all the speculations and intrigues over the purported resignation of Nigeria’s Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, the former coach of Mali and Togo has finally spoken out over the uncertainty surrounding his future.
According to an interview Keshi granted supersport.com, after the Nigeria versus France match, at the Brasilia Palace Hotel camp of the Super Eagles in Brazil and published on Thursday, 3 July, 2014, the former skipper of the Nigerian team stated that he is done with the Eagles.
Keshi was also quoted to have said that he is finished with his assignment with the team and had enough of the politics associated with handling the Nigerian national football team.
"I am done. I have finished my assignment with the team. I have had enough of all the politics and games and intrigues of handling the national team," the man called the Big Boss said clearly.
"My contract is up, no one asked me questions nor offered me a new one which is a clear indication that I am not wanted so there is really no drama. If they want me to put it down on paper I will get my lawyer to write to them," Keshi said.
Speaking on the criticisms that followed his squad’s performance at the World Cup and if he took a gamble on some of the players he took to Brazil, the coach replied:
"Apart from Bright Dike and Leon Balogun who were both injured I took the players I wanted to take to the World Cup. I had a 30 man squad that was then cut down to 23 that met the settings we were using to select. I stand by the team I brought here to Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment