Orijin

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Adele has been accused of ripping off 'Hello' from Tom Waits' 'Martha'

According to fans of Waits, the 27-year-old British star has ripped off lyrics from his 1970s hit 'Martha', with words similar although clearly not exactly the same. Fans of Waits has gone on Twitter to cal Adele out and say she copied his song. I think Adele’s fans will disgrace  but not Waits’ fans.
His song has the same theme as hers: a former flame calling a past lover, and in the track he sings:
'Hello, hello there, is this Martha? This is old Tom Frost / And I am calling long distance, don't worry 'bout the cost / 'Cause it's been forty years or more, now Martha please recall / Meet me out for coffee, where we'll talk about it all.'
Adele's Hello begins in a similar way, as she croons: 'Hello, it's me / I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet / To go over, everything / They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing.'
While the words to each song aren't quite the same, there is a markedly similar theme
I personally feel the song is the same. I have listened to Tom Waits’ Martha and I think they are relatively the same.  I think Adele’s version is just a modern day version of Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment