"Bobbi Kristina is fighting for her life and is surrounded by immediate family," read a statement to E! News released by the family of Bobbi's late mother, Whitney Houston. "As her father already stated, we are asking you to honor our request for privacy during this difficult time. Thank you for your prayers, well wishes, and we greatly appreciate your continued support."
The 21-year-old has been hospitalized in Atlanta since she was discovered unconscious in her bathtub on Saturday morning, barely a week shy of the three-year anniversary of her mom's death. Houston accidentally drowned in her bathtub at the Bevery Hilton the night before the Grammys in 2012. Here's everything we know to date about Bobbi Kristina's condition and the days leading up to what happened:
• Bobbi was submerged in water when her boyfriend, Nick Gordon, and a friend of his found her in the tub. Gordon started CPR while the friend called 911; upon arrival, emergency responders continued life-saving measures. Bobbi was still unresponsive when she arrived at the hospital. (Despite having referred to each other as husband and wife, we're told that Nick and Bobbi Kristina were not legally married.)
• She remains on a ventilator in a comatose state and sources tell E! News that, while possible, chances of her survival seem slim.
• Her father, Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown, rushed to his daughter's side and is said to be inconsolable. He issued a brief statement: "Privacy is requested in this matter. Please allow for my family to deal with this matter and give my daughter the love and support she needs at this time." Whitney, the controversial Lifetime biopic that focused on Houston's tumultuous relationship with Brown, premiered Jan. 17.
• Authorities have said that they did not find any signs that drugs or alcohol played a role; sources tell us that Bobbi had been doing really well recently, neither drinking nor using drugs. Moreover, another source tells us, "Whatever anyone thinks, Krissi would never try to commit suicide. It wasn't something she would even consider, no matter how low she might be feeling."
• The Roswell Police Department is investigating the incident; Public Information Officer Lisa Holland said this morning she will not be issuing any statements regarding this case.
• Regarding reports that Bobbi and Gordon were estranged, a family source tells E! News, "They were just having issues. They were still in the same house and they live together." The source adds, "There was something that happened that caused a confrontation. They did get into an argument eight days ago. That's why Nick was sleeping in the other room. He was getting some space. When he woke, he went upstairs and found her."
The insider says, "[Gordon's] going through a lot right now. He just wants her to be OK is all? He loves her so much."
News Credit: E! News