Orijin

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Jennifer Aniston hurt over talk that she's too 'selfish & career-driven' to have children

Jennifer Aniston was with Brad Pitt for about 7 years and they didn't have children. When Brad Pitt started having children with Angelina Jolie and said his dreams were finally coming through, many assumed Jennifer didn't have kids with him because she was more interested in fame and fortune in Hollywood than motherhood. The speculations have followed the actress ever since. 

Speaking about it in an interview with Allure magazine, Jennifer said it hurts her that people think she chose her career over children and that it is wrong for people to assume that women who decide not to have children are somehow perceived to have failed in life.
"Oh, God, so many painful things. The accusation that I've put my career before the want, the desire to be a mother, this continually is said about me: that I was so career-driven and focused on myself; that I don't want to be a mother, and how selfish that is.'
"I have a lot of friends who decided not to have children, who can't have children, or are trying but are having a difficult time. There's all sorts of reasons why children aren't in people's lives, and no one has the right to assume.Its quite rude, insulting, and ignorant. Even saying it gets me a little tight in my throat" She told the magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment